Re: Beam Internet

once upon a time Adam McDaniel <adamm@psynch.com> said:

> on Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 06:21:04PM +0100, Hereward Cooper
> (zadok@phreaker.net) wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Has anyone had _any_ experience with 'beam' satellite internet
> access.

> im curious, exactly how much are they going to charge you for this
> service,
> as well, whats their advertised transmission rate?

There prices for a single/home is:

£500 Hardware (which i think is a rip off, as you're not actually buying
it, it still belongs to them!)
£150 Install Fee
£150 Monthly Fee! (£99 intro rate though I think)

For a business/multiple pcs you have to pay a connection fee, which I
forget how much it is.

Don't know if I'll ever get it. It just sounds really cool, as living in
a middle of a field in Somerset the chances of getting ADSL are, uummm,
none, never, ever! I'll just have to put up with BT charging ripoff
prices for ISDN.
Thanks,

Hereward