Re: Debugger for C programming?

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:38:17PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach mdevin@ozemail.com.au (on Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:32:40PM +1000):
| > Is there a good debugger for C programming.  You know, the kind of thing
| > that lets you step through a line at a time running your program and put
| > watches on variables etc.
|
| gdb. and watch it kick micro$oft's butt. it takes some while to get
| used to it, but in the end it's so much more powerful - after all,
| micro$oft copied from it...

I've never used MSVS so I can't comment on their tools, but I have
seen 'gvd' (GNU Visual Debugger) and it looks really nice.  It is a
GTK+ gui front-end to gdb (you still get a shell frame to interact
directly with gdb if you want).  I like it better than DDD because I
like GTK+ better than Motif.

-D