Re: /dev/ttS?? modules

* Joe Barnett (jbarnett@Stanford.EDU) [011001 16:06]:
> $ ls -l /dev/ttyS*
> ls: /dev/ttyS*: No such file or directory

doh! one more question I hadn't even considered the first time around:
is this using devfs? If *not*, then you probably need to create the
device files like this:

mknod /dev/ttyS0 c 4 64
mknod /dev/ttyS1 c 4 65
mknod /dev/ttyS2 c 4 66
mknod /dev/ttyS3 c 4 67
chown root.dialout /dev/ttyS*
chmod 660 !$

if it's devfs, then those files' nonexistence is explained by the
kernel's not configuring the serial port drivers. (And, unfortunately,
that's the edge of my realm of knowledge)

good times, (and go bears!)

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.