Network with a PCMCIA card and kernel problems

Hi,

I' running sid on my Dell Inspiron 8100. I connect to the network via a PCMCIA card Xircom ethernet 10/100 in a LAN through DHCP. Everything is fine with the 2.2.18pre21 kernel. But after switching to kernel 2.4.9 (That I've compiled myself), the lights of my network card are still blinking, but I cannot ping anymore. I think (It seems obvious) that It is a kernel configuration problem, as the same OS run nicely with the 2.2.18 kernel.

I've attached my kernel configuration

Thanks for your help
Francois