DBI & XML:putting it all together

I'm using perl and the DBI stuff to deal with Oracle databases on a LAN.

Now, I need to extract data from XML docs and put them in the databases.

I've read the book "Learning XML" by Erik T.Ray where XSLT, XPATH and
XPOINTER are discussed and explained and had a look at CPAN site to
find out more on the subject (XML stuff, expat, etc).

What I miss is a collection of examples perl of programs where I can
understand what XML modules are actually required to fulfil my aim,
how to use them,etc.

Could you please help me?

Vittorio