Re: atexit

On 30 Sep 2001 12:26:59 -0400, Derek L Davies <ddavies@ddavies.net> wrote:

> I get this:
>
> gcc ae.c -o ae
> /tmp/ccu0o440.o: In function `main':
> /tmp/ccu0o440.o(.text+0x37): undefined reference to `atexit'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> with my test program.  A similar test using on_exit works as
> expected.
>
> My stdlib.h has:
>
> /* Register a function to be called when `exit' is called.  */
> extern int atexit __P ((void (*__func) (void)));
>
> Which appears to be a declaration for atexit, but there doesn't seem
> to be any definition happening with the versions of the library that
> I've found recently.

Well, there must be something really messed up in your build of libc6
as atexit() is a C standard function.  I seem to recall there was a
build that missed it accidentally a little while ago, but it was fixed
within a day or so (couldn't find any reference in the changelog files).

I have 2.2.4-2 installed here (which seems to have some other issues)...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>