atexit

Hi,

I've been having problems with atexit for a long time now.  I've tried
various ways to figure out what's going on without luck.

It looks like somewhere along the line atexit disappeared from libc6
.  I know on_exit does what atexit does and more - has atexit been
deprecated and removed?  Hopefully not.

Anyway, I installed libc6_2.2.4-1_i386.deb yesterday and I still have
the problem.  I've tried at least 4 other versions of the library over
the course of the last 9 months or so.  I started out with stable and
moved into ever less stable (testing, untested).  Last night I tried
to build my own from libc6_2.2.4 source, but that doens't seem to have
atexit either (but I didn't look too hard, decided to ask for help
instead).

So can anyone tell me the story of what's become of atexit?  I saw
the posting of Ben Collins from 12 Aug 2001 regarding a package he'd
built that had atexit, but the link is dead and the package was for a
2.2.3 version.

Lastly, I've been wanting to look at all the available libc6 packages for
stable, testing and untested - is there an easy way to do this?  For
instance I couldn't figure out where on the official site to find
Ben's version or how to be sure I'd searched the right places.

Thanks,
Derek