Re: atexit

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 11:02:39AM -0400, Derek L Davies wrote:
> I've been having problems with atexit for a long time now.  I've tried
> various ways to figure out what's going on without luck.
>
> It looks like somewhere along the line atexit disappeared from libc6
> .  I know on_exit does what atexit does and more - has atexit been
> deprecated and removed?  Hopefully not.

No. I suspect your problems are with some library (or perhaps program)
that was compiled against a broken version of libc6 (or IIRC a library
that's not linked with -lc can cause problems, but I wouldn't swear to
that). Could you describe the problems you're seeing so that the
appropriate bugs can be filed?

> Lastly, I've been wanting to look at all the available libc6 packages for
> stable, testing and untested - is there an easy way to do this?

That's 'unstable'. :) Try grabbing
dists/{stable,testing,unstable}/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz from any
mirror, and looking through it for a paragraph beginning "Package:
libc6"; the Filename: field there will tell you where to look.

Cheers,