Re: sendmail - blocking addresses

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:57:44 BST, Carlos Sousa writes:

>Richard A Nelson (cowboy@debian.org) wrote:
>> add this to /etc/mail/access (create if necessary):
>> assh@clown.com REJECT

>(Gee... THE cowboy himself... like having the Pope answer your
>question about your local church attendance schedule... :)

Not the Pope (that would be Paul whassisnumberagain), but your local
 Cardinal or somesuch. Think of it as your congressman actually
 answering letters[0].

>Thanks, this will clearly solve my problem. Actually, this is the info
>I got at sendmail.org, but since I've seen sendmailconfig generate
>other database files (genericstable, mailertable, etc.), I wondered if
>it could take care of this access database as well. Apparently not,
>because the 'databases' file does not contain any mention of 'access'
>or 'access.db'.

Uhm? Quite "stock" sendmail 8.9.3-23:

ka:/etc/mail# grep -i access sendmail.mc
dnl# access restrictions
FEATURE(`access_db', `hash -o /etc/mail/access')dnl
ka:/etc/mail# grep -i access databases
access_db:hash:-o:/etc/mail/access::

0: me's neither catholic nor US. YMMV. HTH. HAND.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Q: What is the difference between a used car salesman and a
--    {router, switch, colo, technology} salesman?