Re: sendmail - blocking addresses

Richard A Nelson (cowboy@debian.org) wrote:

No need to worry about loosing setup...

add this to /etc/mail/access (create if necessary):
assh@clown.com REJECT

If you want no mail from the entire domain:
clown.com REJECT

then either:
	1) cd /etc/mail && make
	2) or cd /etc/mail && makemap hash access.db < access

and you're done...

(Gee... THE cowboy himself... like having the Pope answer your question about your local church attendance schedule... :)

Thanks, this will clearly solve my problem. Actually, this is the info I got at sendmail.org, but since I've seen sendmailconfig generate other database files (genericstable, mailertable, etc.), I wondered if it could take care of this access database as well. Apparently not, because the 'databases' file does not contain any mention of 'access' or 'access.db'.

Thanks for the help.

Carlos