Re: DNS forwarding

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:53:26 +0200, "Christian Schoenebeck" writes:
>I configured one Debian box as an internet router for our local network,
>but I've got a little problem with DNS. I installed bind 8.1x

bind 8._1_? <*gasp*> Upgrade, please. Upgrade. 8.2.3 is the
 security-wise recommended one.

> on this router
>for handling DNS queries from all clients and created configuration files
>as described in the DNS-HOWTO. Now it works, but it takes a long
>time (about 10 or more seconds) till the clients get their answers to their
>DNS queries.

Can your DNS-forwarder resolve reverse-dns for your internal IPs?

Reverse-lookup is the most likely candidate for delays I can think of.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- OS/X: Because making Unix user-friendly
-- was easier than debugging Windows.