Laptop and ZipDrives

Hello to whom it may concern,
     My name is Maruf Mirza and I am a beginner Linux user. Well I have
install just the base Debian Image in my old laptop which is an AST Ascentia
910N (x486/75 DX with only 8 meg) model. Well Debian flavor of linux is
running great but with some minor issues. That is my floppy drive do not
work. Now I asked people around the newsgroup if they could helped me. Well
one other person who had the same laptop with Linux in it was not able to
get the floppy to work either. That is fine, so I thought if I could have
use my parallel port zip drive to install extra packages but I do not know
how to get my parallel port to work. I have done some research but found no
document that addressed my particular issue. Right now I have bash shell
running and I want to get C-Shell in there and I can't. I have no way to get
any packages in my system.
   The way I installed debian was I have a small partition of DOS in my
laptop. I copied the Debian base packages in the DOS partition and installed
it from there. Now that it is already installed, it does not see any other
drive. How can I make this work? By the way I am running Debian 2.2 idepci
version and I don't have any network connection with this laptop. Any help
will greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Maruf A. Mirza
Network Support
Dreyfus Corp.
212-922-6302
* www.maruf.com *

DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  Access, copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other
person is not authorized.  If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.