Re: Laptop and ZipDrives

On Friday 28 September 2001 20:52, Mirza Maruf A wrote:

> ... so I thought if I
> could have use my parallel port zip drive to install extra packages but I
> do not know how to get my parallel port to work. I have done some research
> but found no document that addressed my particular issue.

Zip Drive Mini-NOWTO, explains all the steps to get your Zip drive to work.
You'll probably need to recompile the kernel to add some options (SCSI
support, SCSI disk support, Iomega Zip support, printer support, and the
parallel port, if I'm not wrong...

> Right now I have
> bash shell running and I want to get C-Shell in there and I can't. I have
> no way to get any packages in my system.

>    The way I installed debian was I have a small partition of DOS in my
> laptop. I copied the Debian base packages in the DOS partition and
> installed it from there. Now that it is already installed, it does not see
> any other drive.

>How can I make this work? By the way I am running Debian
> 2.2 idepci version and I don't have any network connection with this
> laptop. Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I think you must mount the partition with the correct filesystem type (FAT16
probably). If it's not enabled in the kernel, you'll need to recompile it.

I hope this might help

Regards

Pedro