Debian From Scratch: How Low Can You Go?

Colin Watson wrote:

> I just got a potato install down to 30Mb. You might be able to get it
> smaller than this. It's only barely a Debian system, though. :)

Hello:

Currently, I am maintaining three Linux distros:
- Debian GNU/Linux (for system servers)
- Linux Mandrake   (for "ordinary users")
- LinuxRouter      (for system router)

Is there is a possibility for using the Debian
distribution for creating Linux routers?

- How low can anyone go?
- Has someone tried to use the debian distribution
  for diskless linux routers (< 5 Mbytes).
- Any URL, documentation, or does this idea not
  sound at all?

regards,

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org