Re: Another mutt question?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:59:28AM -0500, Josh McKinney wrote:

> I have a small mutt question.  I have my mailing lists I am
> subscribe to all listed as subscribed in my muttrc and everything.
> It all seems to work fine with the follow-up-to etc.  The problem is
> that when I open the say 'debian-user' mailbox all the from lines
> say debian-user.  I want it to be back to the old way of actually
> seeing the names of the original senders if possible.

Please read the mutt manual [1], section 4.8 par. 2 and section
6.3.80. To be short, the default format for the message index replaces
the name and address of the sender with the name of the mailing list,
if the message is recognized to be a list mail. This is useful to
distinguish between list mail and private mail in the same mailbox,
but can be annoying if you keep the messages from mailing lists in
separate mailboxes.

Put the following line in your ~/.muttrc to turn off this behaviour:

  set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15f (%4l) %s"

[1] /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz

--
BALI, Andra's                                  GPG keyID: 78560E1C
drewie@bigfoot.com     bali@debian.org     andras.bali@stud.bke.hu