Re: ntpd

	Well for one thing ntpd will not modify the clock if the time
difference is too great... ntpdate does not have this same problem,
which is why most people run ntpdate first before starting ntpd as
ntpdate will not run after ntpd is running...

	In your example you show a clock skew of almost 7 hours... I have
seen ntpd refuse to modify the time if the skew is only 1 hour... I
believe if you investigate logs you will find this is the case of why
you see ntpd not having any affect...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse