Re: Debian From Scratch?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 06:19:05PM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> Is there any documentation on how to make a small system?

Install a system from scratch and purge everything except essential
packages and whatever's required for your system to boot.

> What is the size of the smallest known working Debian system?

I just got a potato install down to 30Mb. You might be able to get it
smaller than this. It's only barely a Debian system, though. :)

Removing /usr/share/doc and /usr/share/man may also be worthwhile,
although a few things may break.