Re: JADE Problems

Julio Merino <juli@merino.net> writes:

> I'm trying to write a DocBook/XML document. I'm using JADE, but I
> can't get it working.
[...]
> After this, I run JADE and I get all this weird errors:
> juli:~/Documentos/Treball_de_recerca% jade -t tex -o /tmp/test.tex principal.xml
[...]
> jade:E: cannot find "principal.dsl"; tried "principal.dsl",
> "/usr/local/share/sgml/principal.dsl",
> "/usr/local/lib/sgml/principal.dsl", "/usr/lib/sgml/principal.dsl"
> jade:E: specification document does not have the DSSSL architecture
> as a base architecture

Jade is a DSSSL processor and looks after a DSSSL style sheet
(= instructions how to format your text) to process your document
with.

There are some tutorials about working with DSSSL and docbook, try
<http://people.redhat.com/dcm/dsssl/dsssl-tutorial/dsl-tutorial.html>.
You can find other information on James Clark's (the Jade developer)
homepage at <http://www.jclark.com/dsssl/>.

The best tutorial I found was in the book "The LaTeX Web Companion" by
Michel Goossens and Sebastian Rahtz, together with masses of other
usefull illuminations about XML, HTML and TeX.

Greetings,
joachim