Re: Partial debian mirrors

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 01:41:53AM +0300, Samuli Suonpaa wrote:
> Before package-pools (and testing) it was quite easy to do partial
> mirrors of debian archive for local use. With pools, it it possible to
> have woody-only mirror set up at least with apt-move. But if I want to
> have something a bit more complicated?
>
> Currently I use Woody on my machines but I sometimes want to install
> newer packages with apt-get's wonderful '-t unstable'
> options. Addition to that, I have my deb-src -lines pointing to
> unstable. Is it possible, for instance, to have a local mirror with
> packages from Woody and Sid but _not_ from potato? How about having
> Woody binaries but Sid sources?
>
> Any ideas about which tools I should use?

Try Joey Hess' debmirror:

  http://cvs.kitenet.net/~checkout~/joey-cvs/bin/
         debmirror?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

(merge onto one line)

You can have it mirror multiple distributions, multiple sections,
multiple architectures, whatever. Mirroring woody binaries and sid
sources might take two runs and a bit of thought (--nocleanup will
probably come in handy).