Open GL

Hello all -
I have an ATI Rage Pro card in my box, and I thought I was fairly happy
with it's performance until I read some other peopel's posts this last
week or so.  The problem I'm now having is fps envy - I'm getting on
average about 50 fps (sometimes close to 100, but never much more) in
any of the Gl screensavers or games.  Do you know if this is a normal
limitation of the card, or can I do better?
It's not so much that things are unusable - 50-100fps doesn't give much
flicker (although some is noticable), but I have to admit that now I'm
kind of turning green.
Thanks,
Steve
--
Real computer scientists don't program in assembler.  They don't write
in anything less portable than a number two pencil.