Re: .raw vs .iso for burning?

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 06:04:43PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Following the links on the Debian homepage I've found some .raw files of
> Sid; however, I've always used .iso files for burning CDs. Can I burn a
> .raw file just the same as an .iso, or is it a different format, or
> should I just rename the extension, or what? BTW, the burner I'd use is
> on a Macintosh, but I have a friend who has a Windows-based burner if
> necessary.

AFAIK .raw and .iso are the same thing ... I'm fairly sure I've seen
people on this list claim that they simply renamed the file to
"<whatever>.iso" and burned it to cd using some windows tool.

I burn mine with cdrecord, so I've never worried about it :/

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.