Re: Bug in mutt?

On 26 Sep 2001, Danie Roux wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 08:15:49AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > For some time now I've noticed that if by mistake I press Ctrl-s in mutt
> > it freezes and has to be killed. It's not due to anything in my .muttrc
> > file because it happens even when this file is not there. Has anyone
> > else noticed this?
> >
> > Anthony
>
> Pressing Ctrl-s in any terminal will "freeze" it, since Ctrl-s is Scroll
> Lock. Luckily Ctrl-q solves the "problem".
>
> I read my mail through a ssh connection and I run screen. And you would
> not believe how many times I hit C-s instead of C-a.
>
> Where is a guy suppose to read about this btw? I got this tip from this
> mailing list.
>
> --
> Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix
>

> --

It's incredible, I've been using Linux for a number of years without
cottoning on to this. I did know about the Scroll key, having been
caught out by that on several occasions, but failed to make the
connection with Ctrl-s.

Thanks to all who have set me right on this.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Debian GNU/Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Clear your mind of cant, Sir! [Samuel Johnson]