Re: Setting up a bunch of boxen at a small school.

on Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 12:58:59PM -0400, Rob Ransbottom (rir@mediaone.net) wrote:

<experience snipped but appreciated>

> I hear that Staroffice is going to be a quartered stuck pig.  The one
> monolithic program is going to be split into separate tasks.  I have
> found SO to be agreeable to people only familiar with MS Word.

This is the case at the moment (I've got build 630-something on a box
here).  There are differnet invocation commands, but each is a shell
wrapper calling the monolithic app.  The only dis-integration to date is
removing the desktop component.

Anyone with further information on how this gets split is encouraged to
tell us what's planned.  The debian-openoffice list has been awefully
quiet.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org