Re: ext3 on install

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 11:39:35AM -0500, DvB wrote:
> Of course, once ext3 is in the standard kernel, one need only create the
> journal file (plus one or two other tweaks like disabling ext2 fsck),
> reboot (assuming even that's necessary) and, voila!, one's ext2
> filesystem automagically becomes ext3...

is that even going to be possible?, I thought upgrading to ext3 required
a fresh partition. That would be cool though. Which reminds me, what exactly
are the real benifits to using ext3?

i know i could rtfm, but im busy perl-ing in another window :)

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant