Re: dynamic ip addresses

I sent out an earlier message about setting up ddclient, but since no one
responded I'm assuming no one uses this particular program.

So here's a more general question. Do any of you have dynamic ip addresses
and have something running to assign a static hostname, so the system can be
connected to remotely without knowing the ip address? If so, what do you use
to do this? thanks.

Christy

I'm using ddclient 2.3.7-1 from the debian distribution (woody, I believe), the install scripts do all the set up, seems to be working.

Of course, first you need to open an account somewhere (mine is at dyndns.org, free account) and register your host name (like mymachine.dyndns.org).

(Sorry for the late answer, I get the digest version of this list and I'm usually 1 or 2 days behind)

Good luck,
Carlos