Re: Apache and mod_auth_mysql -- what happended?

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 02:35:05PM -0700, Gordon Paynter wrote:
> I have found a copy of mod_auth_mysql.so on an older debian machine,
> which I am using without problems, but it seems to have been removed
> from the apache-common package, which is where it used to be,
> according to a page I found with Google.  Am I looking in the wrong
> place, or has something happended to it?
i THINK mod_auth_mysql has been depreciated as of 3 years ago, give or take,
in lieu of the development of DBI:DBD.

instead, a module was written to take advantage of that so that any database
that has a DBD port, could use authentication, including mysql.

The current package is libapache-dbi-perl

if you do an `apt-cache show libapache-dbi-perl` it talks about AuthDBI.pm
which is its replacment.

it provides some examples so you dont need to know perl :P

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant