Re: Setting up a bunch of boxen at a small school.

* Sunny Dubey (dubeys@bxscience.edu) spake thusly:

> > dude ... that is so NOT a word!
>
> yes, but fuck isn't a word, either, your point being??

ROTFLMAO. I have news for you:

1. fuck is a word: v., n., and interj., according to dictionary.com.
It's just that your government censored it out of all the dictionaries
-- for da kids! Maybe you should buy a British English dictionary
( but then, WTF do I know, English isn't my first language... )

2. Non sequitur is two words. Look 'em up sometime.

3. What's Bronx High School of Science and what do they teach there?
   Just curious.

> Can you name me a single OSS app that can do what Norton does??
> Can you name me a single OSS app that can take images of entire hard drivers,
> or various parts, and send them over the network on the fly??
> Can you name me a single OSS app that can multicast to an entire network,
> there by speeding the time it takes to "create" computer setups??
> Can you name me a single OSS app that can use just about every networking
> card out there, provided that it has dos drivers?? (99% of all NICs have dos
> drivers).
> Can you name me a single OSS app that works on MORE than just UNIX? (windows,
> 9x, 2000/XP, AtheOS, et al)

(Yes to all of the above. For bonus points, which of those listed in (5) is
an operating system?)

Ahh. I take it back. Don't buy any books just yet, they won't help.
Go get a clue first.

> As an employer (if I were one), I wouldn't mind spend the little amount of
> money  it cost to purchase licenses of Norton ghost and the clients.  Why?
> because this piece of CSS software would SAVE me money.  Instead of paying my
> sys admins 35~ an hour, to deal with computer crap just because they are too
> stubborn to use CSS, I'd be paying them to have computers installed on the
> fly, so they could do more productive things (and fun things too)

OMFG! I take it all back. I don't believe a truckload of clues will help,
either.

Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen, we now have future pointy-haired
bosses on d-u. Time to unsubscribe.

Dima (you've been warned)
--
I like the US government, makes the Aussie one look less dumb and THAT is a
pretty big effort.                                               -- Craig Small