Setting up a bunch of boxen at a small school.

I might soon have to set up some 20 - 30 boxes supporting some 200 students.
They'll want to do word processing, browse the web, read mail.

Of course any user should be able to log into his/her account from any box.
What are my options here? Have all applications run from a powerful server
and use boxen as X-terminals, run applications on boxen and store only home
dirs on server...

I'm looking for a setup that's easy to admin remotely and involves zero
fiddling with the individual boxen.

All ideas are interesting but some ideas (that have actually been implemented
and proven to work on a day-to-day basis) are more interesting.

oivvio polite

cell +46 (0)709 30 40 30 / phone +46 (0)8 669 64 18 / fax +46 (0)8 84 00 18
varvsgatan 10A / s-117 29 stockholm / sweden