From: Ricardo Diz
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 9:39 PM
Subject: Problem with ncurses when making "make menuconfig"

Hi!

I tried to config my kernel using "make menuconfig" in a console and it
exited with

    /usr/bin/ld : cannot find -lncurses
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    >> Unable to find the Ncurses libraries

although I have ncurses installed.

I can use "make xconfig" in a X environment but I rather do it in a console.

I tried to reinstall ncurses (ncurses-base, ncurses-term and libncurses5)
with no sucess in my next attempt. What should be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo Diz