Deleting duplicate messages with formail/procmail

OK.  Due to some ignorance on my part (errors with my procmail filters as
well as using 'formail -s procmail' with extreme prejudice) I now have many
many MANY copies of individual messages in all my mail folders.  Is there a
way that I can run a filter to delete all but the original (or just all
copies) message out of a specific folder?  I tried including dupcheck.dc
from the procmail-lib package, then running formail -s procmail with the
source as the original folder and the output to a new folder, but I wound up
with the same info in both folders.  As always, any help offered will be
much appreciated.
--
my card...