Re: dselect

In article <[🔎] 3BAE4299.C7F6F074@freenet.de> you write:
>There must be some undocumented functin in dselect. I have two
>machines, and both of them have different access-methods. How can I
>change the access method since I want to install by a remote CD, which
>option is not shown. In the manpage this option is mentioned, but this
>function is not available when I start dselect.

Manually edit /etc/apt/sources.list .  The one I started with was pretty
bogus, I wound up with (/cdrom is the first cdrom, /cdrom1 is the second):

# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
deb file:/cdrom stable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb file:/cdrom1 stable main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

Mount the remote cdrom using NFS, and use a file: uri
--
Blars Blarson 					blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html