Re: More on the font problem

Stephen Gran wrote:

Thus spake Mark Fox:

Greetings:

	Oops.  Here's the picture that I should have attached.
Mark A. Fox

Hey - There's been a lot of discussion on this, as it seems to be a very
common break in switching from X 4.0 to 4.1 - check the list archives
for font problems.  The general consensus appears to be to remove all
old packages (with the --purge option), comment out font servers (xfs,
xfs-xtt) and allow X 4.1 to manage it's own fonts. Good luck,
Steve

I had the same problem after updating woody, and it went away when i rebooted my machine. Others say a restart of X worked, in my case X was off during the download.

Try this before you purge anything
--
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
For they are subtle and quick to anger