Re: ReiserFS in Debian 2.2 r0

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 04:43:49PM +0200 or thereabouts, A.R. (Tom) Peters wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 delphine@fromru.com wrote:
>
> > Does Debian 2.2 r0 support the ReiserFS? How can i do it? I can't find
> > this option in fdisk, but kernel 2.4.9 support it.

any filesystem support is done via the kernel and not by any linux
distro.

>   Reiser warns to avoid 2.4.9, put recent .10-pre patches work fine.  I am
> using .10-pre9 that seems to work well thusfar.  I did not need to use
> additional patches from Reiser: whatever they submitted, Linus
> incorporated into the 10-pre* kernels by now.

you mean even the userspace tools are with the kernel?  or should you
need to get it from www.namesys.com still?

what is wrong with the 2.4.9 kernel and reisefs?  so far the only
problem is see are 1) there's an error message during shutdown about
an unknown mount option and 2) reiserfs runs terribly slow on my box.
not to worried there as i'm using xfs for my potato.

--
"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and impossible
to accomplish complex actions."   --Doug Gwyn  (22/Jun/91 in comp.unix.wizards)