Re: ReiserFS in Debian 2.2 r0

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Rino Mardo wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 04:43:49PM +0200 or thereabouts, A.R. (Tom) Peters wrote:

> >   Reiser warns to avoid 2.4.9, put recent .10-pre patches work fine.  I am
> > using .10-pre9 that seems to work well thusfar.  I did not need to use
> > additional patches from Reiser: whatever they submitted, Linus
> > incorporated into the 10-pre* kernels by now.
> >
> you mean even the userspace tools are with the kernel?  or should you
> need to get it from www.namesys.com still?

No, the tools come from Namesys.  I said that I did not need to apply
additional patches to Linus's kernel: I found that all the bugfixes that
you can download from Namesys have already been incorporated by Linus.

> what is wrong with the 2.4.9 kernel and reisefs?  so far the only
> problem is see are 1) there's an error message during shutdown about
> an unknown mount option and 2) reiserfs runs terribly slow on my box.
> not to worried there as i'm using xfs for my potato.

http://www.namesys.com/download.html mentions memory management problems
with 2.4.9 .

--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters