Re: ReiserFS in Debian 2.2 r0

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 delphine@fromru.com wrote:

> Does Debian 2.2 r0 support the ReiserFS? How can i do it? I can't find
> this option in fdisk, but kernel 2.4.9 support it.

  Reiser warns to avoid 2.4.9, put recent .10-pre patches work fine.  I am
using .10-pre9 that seems to work well thusfar.  I did not need to use
additional patches from Reiser: whatever they submitted, Linus
incorporated into the 10-pre* kernels by now.
  In fdisk, you must give the partition type 0x83: Linux Native
(this includes ext2fs, Reiser, etc).
  Then use the ReiserFS tools to format your partition for ReiserFS.
I don't think there is an up-to-date Debian package: get them from
http://www.reiserfs.org/
  I guess this means you need to install the tools on a current system
with a 2.4.10 kernel, hang the new disk in the system, format it, and make
sure you boot with a 2.4.10 kernel when you want to install Debian on the
new disk.
--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
		NL-1062 KD nr 149	tel.    +31-204080204