Re: etherconf reconf

Thus spake Tarjei Huse:
> Hi,
>
> this may sound like a stupid questions, but I'm a bit new to debian.
>
> I've installed debian via the progeny debian distro. Thereafter I changed my
> sources.list to debian unstable and did a lot of dist-upgrades etc.
>
> The problems I am wondering about are:
> a) Where is the equivalent of redhats rc.local file? I.e. somwhere I can set
> things that are done just after everything else has started up?
>
> b) how can I rerun etherconf? My machine thinks it should use dhcp for some
> reason. I can change the behavior fine with ifconfig & route, but I'd rather do
> it ther right (and probably debian) way :) Also is a rerun of etherconf the
> right thing?
>
> c) How do I update my keyboard and language setting from us to norwegian?
>
> Many thanx for all answers!
>
> Tarjei

Let's see -
a) I'm not familiar with Redhat, but I think you're looking for the /etc
rc* directories - they contain all the startup scripts for the various
runlevels.
b) Try just editing /etc/network/interfaces - that contains the local
network and eth0 settings - just change the word dhcp to static (pppoe,
whatever)
c) Can't remeber - xmodmap or locale, maybe?  Hopefully somebody else
can be of more help here than I can.
Good luck,
Steve

--
Humor in the Court:
Q: So, after the anesthesia, when you came out of it, what did you observe