Re: Package stuck

On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 17:15, Paul Tansom wrote:
> Sometime on Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 10:33:31PM -0500, Michael Heldebrant typed out the following...
> >
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info should have the install scripts that the courier
> > packages are trying to run.  Perhaps looking in there will be
> > insightfull.
> >
> ...and that's all Michael Heldebrant wrote I'm afraid
>
> Brilliant, thanks.  Not quite sure why I didn't come across that myself but
> it's done the trick.  I found that /etc/courier/imapd was missing, and simply
> doing a touch enabled me to do a clean remove, and I have not installed
> successfully.  Now to try and work out how to configure it not to use hidden
> dot files so that my Mutt can work with it easily when I use it locally (which
> I do most of the time for my account).

Not quite sure what you mean by hidden dot files.  I run mutt -f Maildir
to get mine.  I'm pretty sure if you config mutt to look at your
Maildirs with other maildir folders (the hidden dot files?) in them by
playing with your .muttrc.  Here is an excerpt to help whet your
appetite for the man page:

mailboxes filename [ filename ... ]
              This  command  specifies  folders which can receive
              mail and which will be checked  for  new  messages.
              When  changing  folders,  pressing space will cycle
              through folders with new mail.

--mike