Re: removing xdm??

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, David Roundy wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 03:21:27AM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > Dale Morris wrote:

> > > aarrrrggh!! Now I see that Netscape has also disappeared from the menu,
> > > too. update-menus does nothing.
> >
> >   that probably means that the debian menus are not used.
> >
> >   your problem is not related to xdm, check the configuration of fvwm,
> > check the menus etc.
>
> This sounds right.  You might try (if you haven't configured fvwm yourself)
> running an `apt-get --purge remove fvwm` followed by `apt-get install
Thanks, that works. Still this xdm process seems rather confusing. Some
script is keeping my .Xresources/.Xdefaults file from being read and my
debian menus are not correct. update-menu doesn't help and the only way
I can get programs in the xwm menu is to apt-get --purge remove and then
apt-get install.

I've tried the how-to on Karsten's page, doesn't seem to work in woody..

Well, thanks for your help

dale