Package stuck

Help - now that's always a good start!

I have managed to get my courier-imap install stuck.  I have previously installed and removed (in order to go for Cyrus) and then decided to install again.  On reinstall I have the error "ERR:
config file missing" when I use "dpkg --configure ..." or "apt-get install ..."
or "apt-get remove ...".   I have tried some options to force installation or
removal, but to no avail.

Is there a log file I have missed looking in, or an option that give more info
about which file is missing?  Basically some way of identifying the missing
file and fixing the problem!  Anyone?

Once I have it installed I can move on to the issue of the hidden dot file
directories it uses - fine for remote IMAP access, but no good when using Mutt
locally which I also do.

--
---
Paul Tansom:    Talking to penguins can be inTUXicating, whereas