Re: exim and aliases

<phoenix@gila.org>.

> The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
>   chaka@loverangers.org: lowest numbered MX record points to local host
>
> I think that bind is configured correctly, but I'm not sure that the
> 'loverangers.org' domain has filtered out to the net at large. Could
> that be affecting it. I help administer a freebsd box with sendmail,
> and this exact kind of aliasing works great. I just want to have handy
> aliases for my friends and not really tweak the box. What can I change
> to get this to work?

You used obfuscated addresses in the problem desc but gave
specific error messages:
1) do you mean that loveranger.org mail is handled by your
    host but addresses are aliased to addresses in other
    domains?
    i.e. aliases file contains:
      chaka: <chaka's real address in some non-loveranger domain>
2) if so, have you told exim that your host is, indeed, re-
    sponsible for loverangers.org mail?
3) if not, then your host should not be listed in DNS as
    the lowest-numbered mail exchanger
4) just what, exactly, is a loveranger? :)

Best,
  -=greg