exim and aliases

I have a computer with multiple domains which point to it. One of the
domains is dedicated to a group of friends that will use it for email,
web stuff, etc. I offered to give everyone on the box aliases through
/etc/aliases but I get an error in testing.

In aliases -

localemail:	remoteemail@remotedom.ain

When I send an email to localemail@localdom.ain exim freezes the
message with the following error:

Message 15kDqZ-0002Hs-00 has been frozen. The sender is <phoenix@gila.org>.

The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
  chaka@loverangers.org: lowest numbered MX record points to local host

I think that bind is configured correctly, but I'm not sure that the
'loverangers.org' domain has filtered out to the net at large. Could
that be affecting it. I help administer a freebsd box with sendmail,
and this exact kind of aliasing works great. I just want to have handy
aliases for my friends and not really tweak the box. What can I change
to get this to work?