Re: Where do I report this? (postfix error in upgrade potato->woody)

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 12:37:25AM +0200, Miquel Martin wrote:
> Upon running postfix, it gave out no error messages but did not really
> start. Examination of mail.log gave:
> _servername_ postfix/master[12060]: fatal: bind _your_ip_here_ port 25: Address already in use
>
> The problem turned out to be that the old version accepted names in the
> inet_interfaces parameter in main.cf, but the new one only accepted dot.
> quad ip address notation
>
> Agreed, it is not nice to set names for inet_interfaces, but if it
> worked in the old one, it should work in the new one.
>
> So, I don't want anyone going crazy about this like I have. Where do I
> post this?

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting tells you how to report bugs.
Since, as I read it, a similar problem to this has already been reported
but without an explanation of what's going wrong, I suggest you mail
pretty much what you said here to 110359@bugs.debian.org. (See
http://bugs.debian.org/110359 for the existing bug report.)

Cheers,