Re: woody and security.debian.org?

On Thursday 20 September 2001 10:12 am, Martin F Krafft wrote:
> (upgrading stable->testing)
>
> also sprach Bud Rogers (on Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:36:08AM -0500):
> > It's really very simple.
> >
> > Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
> > 	s/stable/testing/ all lines in the file.
> > 	comment out the debian-security lines.
>
> do you really not need the security apt servers if you run testing? i
> know that the only dist they serve is stable anyway, but i seem to
> recall that someone once said that they should always stay in.

 I seem to remember that I got some File Not Found errors when I did the
first update, and I remember someone on the list saying that security updates
were only available for the current stable release, so I commented out those
entries.  I don't suppose it would hurt anything to leave them in, it just
seemed more efficient to not go after file listings that weren't going to be
there anyway.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>
They have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve.