Re: offtopic: How to seperate only sound from a mpeg file

Quoth Thomas Wegner,
> Is it possible to seperate sound from a mpeg-file and save the result into a
> soundfile?

Although I've never tried to do this myself...

[rei:~]% mplayer -ao help

MPlayer 0.18pre4(C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy <arpi@thot.banki.hu>

Available audio output drivers:
        oss     OSS/ioctl audio output
        null    Null audio output
        sdl     SDLlib audio output
        pcm     RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output

It looks like mplayer will write the audio from a video file to a wav
file.

I don't believe it's packaged for debian, but check out the usual
suspects for a link (google, freshmeat). It compiles cleanly on my
testing box.

cheers,

damon

PS. I believe you can do this with FlaskMPEG on windows, but you
wouldn't be asking on a debian list if you wanted to do it in windows,
would you?

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

Did a large procession wave their torches
As my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket...
  -- TBMG, "Dead"