Re: printers

Okay, Perhaps I need to reword this.  I am getting the instruction on bootup that my parports are identified as 0 and 1, but that I need to 'use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation.'  I don't know what this means and really would appreciate someone directing me to some instructions on this matter.  Does it mean that I have to compile the kernel with this procfs.h included?
Thanks,
Michael