Re: video players

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 02:37:51PM +0000, p wrote:
> pardon my asking, but how, exactly, does xmms work?  (i type, "xmms"
> in a console, get the xmms "skin," click the ">" ("play") button,
> and select my *.mpg.  the "skin" and console just "stare" (and must be
> laughing at me, secretly).

what exactly were you expecting? :) or are you more asking 'how do you
use it?'

Checkout http://www.xmms.org/features.html and faq.html for a listing on
what it can do. Even documentation.html would be helpful :)

In terms of playing videos, it works by using a series of plugins available
for it, so along with playing mp3s you could play avi's, mpeg's, etc by
downloading the package and enabling them through the xmms preferences.

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant