Related to: Re: general ups experience

> > What kind of brands/models would you recommend with serial support?
>
> I've got an APC running perfectly with the free apcupsd. If you want
> more info, mail me privately and I'll respond when I'm at home and can
> read you the model number.

Jumping in on this, please forgive me.

I got an APC UPS (don't recall the exact model) with a serial
connection.  What kind of cable should be used (straigt, crossed or
special)?  I _GUESS_ nothing will burn if I try the wrong type, but if I
knowing the cable to be the right one would make it easier to find why
things don't work (in case it don't).

Regards,
	Emil