Re: Dual Serial port

> As far as I understand a regular 25 pin serial port has 2 serial ports
> built-in on one chip. All serial lines which are needed for most
> communitcation devices (TxD RTS DTR RxD CTS DSR DCD RI) are doubled!
> The secondary ones are almost completely specified by the RS232
> (STxD SRTS SDTR SRxD SCTS SDCD) one would need to choose SDSR and SRI and
> I think that is possible with some pins left.

Errr, I think this applies to SPARC serial ports, not PC.  My fossil of
a SPARCclassic has one of those weirdo serial ports, and uses a Y-cable
for connecting it to up to two serial devices.

Just my $0.02.

Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")