Re: How to get rid of Gnome desktop?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Mike Alborn wrote:

> > I found that /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager -> /usr/bin/gnome-session
> > ; apparently at a recent package upgrade Gnome overwrote whatever used to
> > be there.  Which begs the question why KDE is still on my screen.
>
> 	It appears that gnome could be starting KDE2. Check
> ~/.gnome/session-options or ~/.gnome/default.wm (I'm not too sure about how
> gnome goes about remembering what window manager sits on top, you might try
> renaming/removing this directory.

I had been grepping for kwm, but this is "bingo":
~/.gnome$ cat default.wm
[Default]
WM=/usr/bin/kde

Weird that it got there anyway: I certainly didn't specify it that
way; and then Gnome complains that the WM isn't compatible...

Thanx!
--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
		NL-1062 KD nr 149	tel.    +31-204080204