Re: How to get rid of Gnome desktop?

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 11:22:01PM +0200, A.R. (Tom) Peters wrote:

> Mike,
> thanx for your suggestions, but I have neither a .xinitrc, a .xsession, a
> .Xinitrc, a .Xsession, or XINITRC set (I do have a .Xdefaults which
> contains lots of stuff but nothing Gnomish).

> I found that /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager -> /usr/bin/gnome-session
> ; apparently at a recent package upgrade Gnome overwrote whatever used to
> be there.  Which begs the question why KDE is still on my screen.

	It appears that gnome could be starting KDE2. Check
~/.gnome/session-options or ~/.gnome/default.wm (I'm not too sure about how
gnome goes about remembering what window manager sits on top, you might try
renaming/removing this directory.

hth,

-Mike
--
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
		-- Mark Twain